Why should you join ASCE?
Free Student Membership
Apply for student membership at the ASCE site. The free student membership includes:
- Free online access to Civil Engineering magazine and ASCE News so you'll always be "in the know" with industry news and within the civil engineering community
- Powerful career resources with ASCE’s Career Connections devoted solely to civil engineering internships, jobs, and advice
- Participate in community service programs through your Student Organization
- Eligibility for over $75,000 in annual Society scholarships and fellowships
- Look for the Student eNews every month in your inbox for the newest opportunities and announcements from ASCE
- Professional guidance through ASCE’s Mentoring Program
- Network with like-minded peers and civil engineering professionals through your Student Chapter and the local ASCE Section/Branch or Younger Member Group
- Connect with other students around the country with online student discussion forums
- Discounts on ASCE-sponsored conferences, journals, books, and manuals to increase your knowledge and research
- FE/PE Review Courses to prepare you to ace your exam
- Apply for ASCE Gold Mastercard™ and Visa™ (per terms of financial institutions) with no annual fees
- Manage your ASCE e-mail subscriptions -- ASCE sends out a wealth of information related to upcoming events, new member benefits, and other resources you can use to get ahead. Decide for yourself which ones will benefit you most.
The American Society of Civil Engineers was founded in 1852 as an engineering society that encompassed many fields of engineering. Many other disciplines later formed their own societies further defining ASCE as a society specific to those who practice civil engineering.
The professional organization currently represents more than 144,000 professional and student members. Here at Rutgers, we hope to encourage all engineering students to benefit from the association and experience of those professionals who have been practicing civil engineering long before us.